Studio Manager 15
- Studio Manager 15 is now available! As of December 26, 2016. It runs beautifully in FileMaker Pro 15 and fine with version 14. We’re crazy in love with FileMaker 15 because it’s a more powerful and more secure version of FileMaker than ever before. Highly recommended.
- Excellent iPhone and iPad versions are included. Most of our customers use Studio Manager 15 from their desktop and laptop Macs. But some like the convenience and portability of being able to access Studio Manager, when on the go or on the couch, with an iPhone or iPad. The performance is great on these mobile devices using FileMaker Go 15. Studio Manager Mobile layouts are designed specifically for efficiency and speed. It automatically detects the iPhone model you are using and shows you only relevant layouts that are sized correctly. And now, job creation, estimating and invoicing are available on an iPad. Reporting includes the ability to print invoices directly from your iOS mobile device to your AirPrint-enabled printer. Come back soon to see a current iOS Tour. We put the finishing touches on all iPhone and iPad layouts in February 2017.
- Our goal is to update Studio Manager annually. Last year we implemented a load of cool features and this year we got to take it to another level. FileMaker 15’s enhanced support for object states, SVG graphics and a cool new button bar gave us developer tools to make the interface more efficient. We went through with our trusty fine tooth comb, cleaned it up and made layouts more consistent. The final result is a sharper-looking, responsive tool that will engage you and your user. Our mission includes making your mission-critical management tool, Studio Manager, both appealing and fun to use.
- The new SM15 Demo is also available. Open the Demo tab. The demo allows you to see for yourself Studio Manager’s remarkable feature set. We want to make running the business of creative services sane and simple. We know how hectic things get in your world. Take Studio Manager for a test drive to see just how elegantly it handles complex calculations, estimates and change orders, invoicing, reporting and keeping track of all the contacts in your world.
- Starts at the amazing price of $695 for the full product single-user license. 4-user is $1395, 10-user $2295. Volume discounts drive the seat cost down as the number of seats goes up.
What’s New in Studio Manager 15?
Improved upon and flattened the CSS Theme. We “CSS-styled” every nook and cranny (tech speak for “layout”) so you can change colors, fonts, sizes, alignment, capitalization and more all across Studio Manager rather than doing it one layout at a time. You just modify a Style and update it to the Theme to change formatting to your liking across all layouts using that Style. SM14.5 was close; now we’ve gone all the way with 15.
Replaced the theme for all 3 supported sizes of iPhone: iPhone SE/5, iPhone 7/6 and iPhone 7/6 Plus. We introduced button bars and lots of goodies for the user interface, including SVG graphics, now the same as those seen on the computer. Many hours we into perfecting the user interface for you, to make using Studio Manager 15 fun as well as easy to use. Our commitment to constantly improving Studio Manager is so your hard working staff can pay more attention while entering the data your need to run your business with grace.
Studio Manager 15 is faster than ever thanks to another breakthrough in responsiveness from FileMaker 15. FileMaker Pro 15 and its little sister FileMaker Go 15 have been seriously optimized. You’ll notice that especially on the iPad and iPhone, things snap. No more waiting for screen redraws with fast broadband. FileMaker continues to tweak their product, continually adding to performance and squashing bugs. Thanks to automatic updating of MacOS and iOS, you are kept current whether you pay attention to such details or not.
Big Upgrades to iOS Functionality. Once you start running FileMaker 15 and Studio Manager 15, iOS opens up in a big way. FileMaker Go 15 for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch is free! So, don’t hesitate. This works on our demo too, if you want to try it out. You can even install the demo of Studio Manager 15 on your iPad or iPhone (using iTunes) and check it out at your convenience.
Clearly, we’d like you to use FileMaker 15 to run Studio Manager 15, but our testing and experience show that you can keep running FileMaker 14 if speed and security are not issues that concern you. We don’t think you have to upgrade every year unless you have compelling reasons to do so.
Most important in iOS:
- Speed. FileMaker Go 15 is extremely robust and fast. Given the experience in the past few years, expect Filemaker Go to continuously become faster and more feature-rich as FileMaker and Apple keep driving the iPhone and iPad platform forward.
- Create Jobs and more. The iPad version allows you to create jobs, estimates and invoices wherever it’s convenient, like at your client’s office. Can you imagine how impressed you customer will be? No waiting!
- Key Reports. The 13 most essential reports, Like Job Status and A/R are available from your iPhone or iPad.
- Timesheets and Tasks. Essential features like the entry of timesheets and the ability to see your assigned tasks and mark them done are much more useable due to a robust, improved FileMaker Go 15 architecture.
- Storing PDFs. FileMaker Go 15 is great with PDFs, you can now store the PDF for each invoice right in the Invoices entry screen, on its own tab. That way the exact record of what went out the door to the client is there for reference. If you like this, you can add additional documents to the database such as estimate PDFs. The 80-20 rule means that storing a few key documents in a small amount of storage often makes a big difference.